Now-a-days, in the Indian market, there are many tablets of different features,
specs and prices available. But which one to choose? We have selected top 3
tablets that are available in India and are worth to be shortlisted when opting
for a tablet device.
Apple’s 4th Generation iPad
Since the Apple iPad was introduced, it has been leading the Indian market. The recently announced Fourth Generation Apple iPad sports a powerful dual-core Apple A6X mobile processor replacing the dual-core Apple A5X mobile processor in third generation iPad.
- The new iPad has the same 9.7 inch display but with increased resolution of 2056×1536 pixels.
- It also has a 5 Megapixel iSight camera at the rear and a 1.2 MP camera in the front.
- This new iPad was admired a lot due to its battery life that lasts upto 10 hours.
The WiFi variant sells at a price of 30500 INR (for 16 GB), 36500 INR (for 32 GB) and 42500 INR (for 64 GB) where as
The WiFi + 3G variant sells at a price of 38900 INR (16 GB), 44900 INR (32 GB) and 50900 INR (64 GB).
Do check: Apple iPad Mini vs Google Nexus 7
Google Nexus 7
The highly anticipated, Google Nexus 7, was launched in India last month. The
tablet runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (v4.2 update started to roll in)
- The Google Nexus 7 packs a quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 mobile processor and a 1 GB RAM.
- It features a 7-inch IPS panel LCD display with 1280×800 pixel resolution and a 1.2 MP front camera for video chatting.
- Other features include WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC.
Currently only the 16 GB variant of the tablet is being sold in India with a price
tag of 19,999 INR.
Samsung Galaxy Note 800
The next tablet that deserves to be in the list is Samsung Galaxy Note 800 which has a 10.1 inch capacitive display with 1280 x 800 pixel resolution.
The Galaxy Note 800 comes with a quad-core 1.4 GHz Samsung Exynos 4 Quad 4412 mobile processor along with 2 GB RAM.
It features a mesh of speakers on each side of bezel (landscape mode) and has Android 4.0 ICS installed (v4.1 Jelly Bean has started to roll in). It also features a 5 MP camera at the rear and 1.9 MP camera in the front.
The tablet comes with a S Pen stylus that supports several tasks.
In India, the Samsung Galaxy Note 800 is being sold at a price of 37500 INR (16 GB) (microSD card slot available).