Let’s be fair guys, Dev Chappelle is the best standup comic The United State has ever produced. While the millennials may argue and consider Kevin Hart as “The Best of All times”, but let me tell you guys, Dave Chappelle is “The original gangster” of the American Standups. The timing, the effortlessness, and on top of everything, the intellectual content he brings is not only what makes him different but also makes him the best comedian of all times.
To give an example, I am going to quote his most popular line that has widely been circulated as an image-based reaction meme;
“Modern Problems require modern solutions”.
Apparently, it is a regular witty comic line but believe me guys, there is a tremendous amount of depth in it. Being a networks engineer for eight years, I often tell my clients to opt for modern solutions for their modern and advanced networking needs. Over the years, the networking requirements of small medium enterprises have grown tremendously. Companies now demand sophisticated hi-tech networking solutions that could cater to their long term needs.
Importance of Networking Cables
One of the most important components that play an important role in the long term efficiency of a networking system is the networking cable deployed in the system. There is no debate in saying that networking cables are arguably the most important constituents of a networking system. They not only are a medium of data transfer but also govern the efficiency of the entire networking system. Which is why it is really important to pick the right networking cable especially if you are establishing a data center or communications network for a business enterprise that requires a seamless data flow for quality operations.
The Rise of Cat 6A Cables:
Cat 6A cables have emerged out as one of the most trusted and reliable networking cables and that for the right reasons. It is the most advanced cable and is a modern solution for modern networking needs. As a layman, you might have little knowledge about Cat 6A or any networking cable for that matter. Cat 6A is now widely being used for both domestic and commercial networking system.
In this article, I am going to tell you a bit about Cat 6A cable, its advantages and applications to help you understand why it is the best solution for all networking system.
Cat 6A Cables
Category 6 A cables commonly known as Cat 6A or the 6 generation heir of the twisted pair Ethernet cabling defined by ANSI/EIA/TIA. The manufacturing of Cat 6A cables involves higher standards than its counterparts CAT 6 and CAT 5e. The cable is also backward compatible with Category 5, Category 5e, and Category 3 cables and some of its versions may also feature a center divider to separate the pairs inside the cable.
Following are some of the prominent specs of updated cat6 cables
- Cat 6A cables have the ability to support a great speed of 10GBps over 33 to 35 meters.
- The recommended frequency goes up to 250 MHz and 22 to 24 to AWG wire gauge in the conductor.
- Cat 6A has 4 pairs of copper wire and all of the 4 pairs are used in Gigabit Ethernet applications.
- Cat 6A cables come in two types i.e. shielded and unshielded. The shielded comes with an outer shield that covers the copper pairs.
Since Cat6A provides much greater bandwidth over CAT 5 & CAT5E; it is now the most popular choice for higher data transfer rates. Cat 6 is the minimum standard for all new cabling installations. The cutting edge features of the Cat 6A cables makes it the perfect choice for data centers and is an ideal solution for all kinds and types of computer rooms.
Some of its popular applications include,
- 10BASE-T Ethernet
- 1000BASE-T/1000BASE-TX (Gigabit Ethernet)
- 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet
- 10GBASE-T (10-Gigabit Ethernet)
There is no debate in saying that Cat 6A cables is the best cable choice if you want to create a high-speed computer network that provides an optimal performance – provided if all the other components in the network system are compatible with gigabit speeds.
Here are some of its cutting edge advantages,
- Speed and Performance: The cable is known of its speed and can easily handle up to 250 MHZ. This lightning fast performance makes it perfect to be used with a fast Ethernet networks including 10-Gigabit Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet.
- Similar Structure with Cat 5 Cable: Another good deal about Cat 6A cable is that it has almost a similar structure to that of Cat 5 and Cat 5e. All the latest cable i.e. Cat 6A, Cat 6 and Cat 5e cables have eight wires that are twisted together to form four pairs.
- Backward Compatible: If you have previously been using Cat 5 & Cat 5e, you can install Cat 6A on the same system without any alterations as the plug and port of Cat 6A cable is same as of Cat6 rj45, Cat 5 & Cat 5e.
Cat 6A cables have proved to be an ideal choice for all networking systems because of its ability to cater increased networking speed. If you want to future proof your network, you can opt for the upgraded configurations as the can offer better performance.
Leave a Comment