Atlast the long wait is over! Users of both the 1st and 2nd generation Motorola Moto G smartphones in India started to receive the Android Lollipop Update.
The size of the Lollipop update for 2nd Gen Moto G is about 377.4 MB while the 1st Gen Moto G update size is around 356 MB.
Suggested Reading: Android 5.1 Update Features
Android Lollipop Update Features
- Material Design
- More Tangible Interaction
- Right Information at the Right moment
- New ways to control your notifications
- Improved Battery Performance
- Improved Security
- Device Sharing
- Flashlight option
How to Update to Android 5.0 Lollipop
Note: It is recommended to have atleast 50% battery in your Moto G smartphone
After you receive the notification of the Lollipop Update (“Navigate to Settings – About Phone – System Updates” if you haven’t received the notification).
- Tap on “Yes, I’m in”
- The download then starts
- After downloading, choose ‘Install Now’
- Your phone restarts after the Installation
Ta-da! Your device now has the Android Lollipop OS.