Seeing the tremendous response for Galaxy Note series phablets, the South Korean Co. Samsung, has announced a new range of phablets under its Galaxy series smartphones namely Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 and Galaxy Mega 6.3.
Both the smartphones have a screen size that is considerably larger than the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 which sports a 5.5-inch screen.
The Galaxy Mega phones comes equipped with a 8 Megapixels rear camera and 1.9 MP front camera. Both the phones run Android v4.2 (Jelly Bean).
Do Check: Samsung Galaxy Fame Specifications
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3
- Measures 167.6 x 88 x 8.0 mm
- Weighs 199 g
- 6.3 inches HD display
- 1.7 GHz dual core processor
- 1.5 GB RAM
- Android 4.2 OS
- 8 MP rear camera
- 1.9 MP front camera
- 8/16 GB Internal memory (expandable upto 64 GB)
- Li-ion 3,200 mAh battery
- Various connectivity options such as WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0 HS, GPS+GLONASS, NFC and MHL
Do Check: Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8
- Measures 162.6 x 82.4 x 9.0 mm
- Weighs 182 g
- 5.8 inches QHD display
- 1.4 GHz Dual Core processor
- 1.5 GB RAM
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS
- 8 megapixels main camera and 1.9 MP front camera
- 8 GB internal memory (expandable upto 64 GB via microSD card)
- Standard Li-ion 2,600 mAh battery
- Connectivity options such as WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0 HS, GPS+GLONASS, NFC and MHL
Availability and Pricing:
The company says that the Galaxy Mega smartphones will be available globally from the month of May (2013) but does not mention their price.